Community Raising Money For Couple Who Lost Everything In House Fire

Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:01 PM

Fire destroyed a family home in Mahone Bay Sunday night.

Around 9:00pm David and Gail Veinotte were at home when Gail noticed the floor was hot.

David went to the cellar to investigate and saw flames.

The two managed to escape with only the clothes on their backs.

Lloyd Westhaver is helping to raise money to support the Veinottes.

He has set up a donation jar at Mahone Bay Legion Branch 49.

"I put it on as quick as possible and down to where he works, down in Chester, I think they've got a jar set up too and they're going to try and find out if they need any clothes, what sizes etc."

Westhaver says you can also e-transfer a donation through the Legion's email address: [email protected]